With so much time spent at home, I’ve been getting creative with new recipe ideas! I created a yummy One-Pan Chicken & Rice with Kale and California Prune dish that I know you will love! I love the addition of California Prunes in this dish because they’re super versatile in adding an element of sweetness and nutritional value at the same time. The prunes melt right into the rice, and create the perfect balance of sweet and savoury. One pan meals save so much time and mess, and the real plus is that all your ingredients are cooking together under one roof for the ultimate burst of flavour.
5 reasons I love California Prunes:
- Immune Boosting: Did you know California Prunes are packed with nutrients? They’re a great source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fibre which boost your overall immune system, and promote a healthy gut.
- Great for fitness lovers and athletes: California Prunes support strong healthy bones, making them a great food for athletes and recreational fitness lovers (like me!). The Potassium, Vitamin K, and Polyphenols work together to protect your bones.
- Snacking: They’re the perfect healthy snack! Not only are they sweet and filling, but they’re great fuel for exercise as 3-4 prunes meet your daily fruit and carbohydrate requirement.
- Versatile: I love that I could eat prunes on-the-go as a snack, in my breakfast oatmeal or yogurt, or part of a savoury chicken dish (like this one!).
- Natural Sweetener- I love using prunes instead of sugar in recipes! They add a sweet flavour, and amazing texture.
Thank you California Prunes for sponsoring this post 🙂 I feel very lucky to have worked with you a second time!
Check out californiaprunes.ca for tons of other recipes. California Prunes teamed up with professional Canadian athletes to share general nutritional/training tips and you can find those on the website as well.
#prunesforlife #CAprunesCAN #EatCAprunes #prunes4bones #TEAM UP #Canadianathletes