Here’s the thing though – more often than not, I’m disappointed with store-bought matcha lattes. In turn, I tend to opt for making my own more delicious, healthy (and affordable!) lattes.
My love affair with matcha doesn’t take away from my one true love for a classic cup of joe, BUT, when I’m feeling like something a little different, I’ll turn to this green glorious pick me up! Matcha is still high in caffeine, but it keeps you energized without that ‘jittery’ feeling and the inevitable caffeine crash you get from coffee. It is also loaded with antioxidants and health benefits which I’ll, of course, get into below.
A matcha hit (1g) gives you about 34mg of caffeine, which is the same as a cup of brewed coffee and half the amount of espresso. But, unlike coffee and espresso, the caffeine release from matcha is a much more calm and sustained boost of energy, which is thanks to the amino acid L-Theanine.
Why I HART matcha:
- Full of antioxidants
- “Jitter-free” caffeine energy boost
- Tastes delicious!
- Contains the amino acid L-Theanine which helps slow down the release of caffeine to avoid a “crash”
- Helps boost your metabolism
- Contains fiber and nutrients like chlorophyll, Vitamin A and Vitamin
- Very very VERY instagrammable ????
Brands I’m into!
Here is my go-to matcha latte recipe:Print