This perfect light lunch or dinner is low carb, gluten free and full of protein and healthy fat! I’ve always loved adding hearts of palm to my salads, and these noodles are the next best thing. I love that they’re light and hearty, and pair so nicely with shrimp and pesto. If you know me, you know I’m always coming up with new and innovative ways to create healthy pasta dishes. I hope you enjoy this recipe!Print
- 1 package of hearts of palm noodles (I like the brands @eat.hop and @palmini_official)
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 jar of your favourite pesto sauce (use desired amount)
- 1 cup of thawed and deveined shrimp
- Sprinkle of chili flakes
- Pepper and salt, to taste
- Drain and rinse your hearts of palm noodles and soak in unsweetened almond milk for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and drain again, and add a drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan on medium-high heat. Stir in noodles and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer noodles into a bowl and mix in pesto.
- Add another drizzle of olive oil to the same pan and add in thawed shrimp. Cook until shrimp is opaque, flipping halfway through (approx. 3 minutes). Add shrimp to pasta bowl.
- Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper, and chilli flakes