This summer I had the incredible opportunity to travel and work remotely in BC. Having lived in Toronto my whole life, I was completely blown away by the endless mountains, water, and scenic landscapes that encompassed BC. I spent the majority of my time in Vancouver, and used the weekends to check out Kelowna, Whistler, and Tofino, and I have to say….I am completely obsessed with this province. The trip was so incredibly special, (and very hard to leave!). If you know me, you know that I live for health and wellness, nature, food, wine, and coffee, and BC delivered all of that and more. I scouted out all of the “it” spots, with a few hidden gems I discovered myself, and I am so excited to share them all with you! I also included some things that I wish I had time to do but will do next time! Pro Tip: Vancouver is big into happy hours – literally almost every single restaurant offers an incredible happy hour between 3-6, so definitely research each spot before you go because you could be in for half-priced everything 😉 ENJOY!!
- Small victories
- 49th Parallel
- Beaucoup Bakery
- Minami or Miku – upscale sushi worth every bite (go for happy hour!)
- Ahn & Chi – delicious Vietnamese cuisine!
- Ask for Luigi- amazing italian and aperol spritz *not a great area but close to Gastown
- Chewies- go for happy hour oysters!
- Joe fortes- rooftop patio for seafood
- The Greek- I loved the Yaletown location
- Field & Social- amazing grab and go salads)
- Nook- I love the Kits location. If you can’t get a table I suggested ordering pizza + aperol spritz to go and watching the sunset on the beach with a blanket!
- Turf Living- health salads, sandwiches, and more – obsessed with this spot!
- Heirloom- incredible vegetarian restaurant! Get the kale caesar salad!
- Beach House Restaurant in West Van (go here on drive home from Whistler) – Gorgeous oceanside vibe with great food!
- Hundy Burgers – casual spot on 4th ave!
- Tacofino – casual spot on 4th ave!
- Lees Donuts (granville island market!)
- Candied Sockeye salmon (get from any vendor at Granville Island Marketing…sooo delicious!)
- Chickpea food truck
- Nuba – delicious mediterranean
- Suika – incredible japanese!
- Rain or Shine Icecream
- Keefer Bar
- Diamond – a speakeasy cocktail bar with a great vibe!
- The Stable House Bistro- incredible wine bar with an epic patio!
- The Cider House – one of the many awesome spots on Yew Street
- Parallel 49 Brewing- get the mezcal gose – one of my favourite breweries ever
Vancouver: Activities + Things to do:
- Walk or bike along the seawall
- Rent bikes and bike the seawall to stanley park
- Walk along 4th avenue
- Granville Island Market
- Hike the Grouse Grind
- Yew Street – very coastal vibey street in Kitslano!
- Kitslano (Kits) Beach
- Rent kayaks in deep cove and stroll along Gallant ave (pick up honey’s donuts!)
- Quarry rock in deep cove
- Olympic Village
- Bowen lookout
- Capilano Suspension bridge
- North Arm Farm
- Stop in squamish on the way to Whistler and do the Chief Hike!
- Accommodation: Fairmount Chateau
- The Ascent Trail (this is a hike up the mountain!)
- Lost Lake + Green Lake Hiking Trails (more of leisurely walking trail)
- Peak to peak Gondola
- Araxi for dinner….fine dining but worth every bite!
- Sushi Village
- Scandinave Spa
*Kelowna has a few different wine regions and we went to some in Kelowna and Wine Country, but we definitely didn’t get to everything! Will definitely be back!
- Accommodation: Sparkling Hills Resort + Spa
- Elite Mile wine tours – incredible wine tours – Mile the owner was such a wonderful guide!
- Wineries: Mission Hill Winery (we booked an incredible 4-course dinner at the Terrace Restaurant), Quail’s Gate, 50th Parallel, Summerhill, Hatch, Arrow Cellars, Ex Nihilo, Gray Monk, Kitsch
- Check out beaches at Lake Okanagan and Lake Kalamalka
- Sunday Farmers Market in Kelowna
- Accommodation: Pacific Sands
- Surfing (we rented at Long Beach Resort and Surf Sisters)
- Chinook Salmon Fishing
- Whale Watching
- Walk around the main streets(Campbell Street, Main Street etc)
- Go to Pettinger Point with a glass of wine and blanket at sunset!
- Rhino Coffee
- Tofino Coffee Roasters
- Tofino Brewing Co – amazing vibes, salmon jerky and beer!
- Casual eats: Tacofino Food Truck, Surfside Grill, Shed
- Dinner/Nicer eats: Wolf in the Fog (make a reservation as soon as you see this!), Shelter, 1909, Kuma
- Ice cream: Chocolate Tofino
- Beaches: Cox Bay Beach, Chesterman Beach, Long Beach