I know I don’t post enough here, so hi! Welcome back to my blog.
Let’s start with an honest check in on how I’m doing.
Short Answer: I’m good.
Long Answer: I’m totally fine given the circumstances, but have also lost my god damn mind and am soooo bored and sooo over this shit.
Let’s face it. This is a hard time. BUT, there’s little things we can do, to feel ALOT better. So here it goes:
- STOP complaining– It’s okay to vent here and there but it gets to a point where complaining won’t help you. Stop complaining to your friends, your family, your spouse, your coworkers, etc. It’s annoying and sucks the energy out of everyone around you. There’s a fine line between keeping it real vs. being toxic, ya know what I mean?
- Stay active– If you follow my IG you know I’m borderline annoying with my repetitive stories on daily movement. Like you get it, I go on walks + love my Peloton. That being said, it’s soooo insanely important to move your body. Aim for 20 minutes a day and just choose something you can commit to. Once it becomes a habit it will get easier and dare I say more enjoyable 😉
- Eat well and don’t under eat– Nothing earth shattering here! Eat real food and focus on healthy fat, protein, complex carbs, and greens. Nourishing foods provide your body with nutrients that optimize energy, mood, sleep, etc. Obviously eat what you want in moderation, but just be smart. ALSO, make sure your healthy food tastes great. Eating well shouldn’t be a miserable experience.
- Find a hobby– Baking, cooking, painting, audiobooks, chess, virtual book clubs, start a side hustle, I dunno…anything. Make the most of your time. I love curling up on my couch with wine or tea and listening to a great podcast. I love learning and doing interesting things. If you are bored, find a hobby and stop complaining.
- Self care– This looks different for everyone. Journal, drink tea, baths, essential oils, workout, walk with a friend, light a candle. You have to invest in yourself and do the little things that make you feel good. Obviously drinking a cup of tea won’t solve all your problems, but it sure as hell will help you feel more at ease. I don’t know who needs to hear this right now, but you are worthy of feeling good!
- Sleep– Aim for 7-8 hours a night. Make sure your room is dark. Avoid screen time before bed, especially if you have a habit of scrolling through IG stories or reading the news. But seriously, reading about covid19 before bed is a recipe for disaster.
Hope this was helpful 😉
Stay safe and remember to smile.
We will get through this.