- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled + diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can lentils, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 tbsp tumeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 cups or more vegetable broth
- 1/2 head of kale (i like using black kale- the one that’s kinda flat!), chopped into small pieces
- In a medium/large pot heat the oil at medium heat. Add in chopped onion and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, saute for 5 minutes. Add in chopped carrots, stir and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, lentils, tumeric powder, garlic powder, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil. Once boiled reduce to simmer and cover for 30 minutes.
- Add in chopped kale and cook another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt + pepper