- 4 lbs organic chicken bones
- 1 organic medium-large yellow or spanish onion, peeled & cut in half
- 3 organic carrots, cut each carrot into 3 pieces
- 2 organic celery stalks, cut each stalk into 3 pieces
- 4 organic cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 15–20 cups filtered water
- Place all ingredients (except water) into a large slow cooker
- Cover everything with water ( roughly 15-20 cups of water)
- Cook on low for 12-36 hours
- Now it’s time to strain the soup! You can use a wire mesh strainer, a nut bag, or cheese cloth. Place strainer of choice over a large glass bowl and pour the cooked liquid through it to remove all of the bits and pieces from the broth.
- Divide into containers to store in fridge.
- This is an unflavoured broth. I like to flavour it each time I have a cup and add sea salt, tumeric powder, and even grated ginger.
- Fat- If you want to remove the fat place the liquid into the fridge. A layer will come to the surface which can be removed with a spoon.
- GEL- It is very normal for your bone broth to form into a gel! This is a good thing! Once it is heated it will transform back to liquid.