- 1 large onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2–3 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips (1/2-inch thick strips )
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- if you’re feeling lazy you can use 1.5 tbsp of a store bought taco or fajita seasoning
- To make your own- mix together 2 tsp chili powder, 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray or parchment paper. ( I prefer parchment for an easy clean up)
- Spread the veggies ( peppers and onions) onto baking sheet. Make sure the onions aren’t sticking together to ensure they cook properly.
- Top with chicken strips then sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Drizzle avocado oil all over and toss everything to coat. Try to make sure everything lies flat without overlapping too much ( if you spend more than 30 seconds on this, it means you’re being too much of a perfectionist)
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked and veggies are soft.
- Remove from oven, and serve over rice or in your fav tortillas!
- I like serving with avocado, lettuce, salsa & hot sauce!