- 1 organic chicken ( fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium white or red onion, chopped into big pieces
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or 2 fresh cloves minced
- 2 litres of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- handful of fresh dill- no need to chop ( leave some fresh to use as a garnish)
- Put all ingredients in a 6 quart instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 1 hour
- After cooking is complete you can use the slow release function, or quick release! Be careful of the steam 🙂
- Remove the chicken and place in a separate bowl. The chicken will definitely fall apart because it will be super tender!
- Using a couple of forks shred some of the chicken and put back into the soup!
- Enjoy and top with fresh dill! Trust me the dill makes it!!!