- For the fish:
- 1-2 great quality tuna steaks (depends how many people your cooking for)
- Sesame seeds (enough to coat your steaks)
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- Scallions, chopped (enough to sprinkle on top)
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp of coconut aminos sauce (or soy sauce or Tamari)
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of sriracha
- 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup
1. Season the tuna with salt & pepper
2. Coat the tuna steaks with sesame seeds
3. Heat up your cast iron to medium/high heat.
4. Once HOT add 1-2 tbsp olive oil and sear tuna for 1-2 minutes a side for medium rare. Feel free to cook a little longer if you prefer more well done but definitely keep an eye on it so you don’t overcook it!
5. Slice the steaks against the grain, and pour the sauce over the fish
6. Sprinkle scallions on top for the finishing touch!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 4-5 min