- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup red fife flour (or spelt flour, whole wheat flour, or white flour)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt (or sea salt)
- 6 tbsp room temp coconut oil (make sure not to use melted or liquid form!)
- 1 egg, whisked (flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 tbsp lightly chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine red fife flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, salt, and rosemary. Mix well.
- Add in whisked egg (or flax egg), and cashew milk. Mix.
- Add in blueberries and use your hands to kneed them into the dough. (Don’t over mix!)
- Transfer to a floured surface and use your hands to form it into a disc about 1 inch in height. Use a large knife to cut the circle into 6- 8 wedges. Then use a floured spatula to transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with a bit more rosemary.
- Bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!!
- These taste best fresh ????
- Eat on their own, or top with almond butter or honey!
Adapted from The Minimalist Baker