I posted these on instagram and my feed blew up! I mean, healthy peanut butter cups, what’s not to freak out about. If you watch my Insta stories you will notice I am very big into collagen these days. I really like Vital Proteins Unflavoured Peptides because it tastes like nothing and dissolves instantly. It’s full of protein and is important for healthy hair, teeth, skin and bones. ANYWAYS, I keep experimenting with recipes and realized I just had to make something peanut butter, chocolate, collagen related.
When you take a look at the recipe below you will notice I use PB2 peanut butter powder. This is peanut butter in powder form where the majority of fats + oils have been removed. It’s a fun ingredient to have on hand because you can add into smoothies and baked goods.
i hart these so much, and i hope you do too 🙂Print
- 1 cup melted coconut oil, scented or unscented
- 1 1/4 cups pb2 peanut butter powder
- 2 tbsp unflavoured collagen peptides (optional)
- 2.5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- small dash of sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 12 muffin liners
- In a medium/large bowl whisk together the first 5 ingredients to create a smooth paste
- Line a muffin tray with 12 liners & pour just less than 1 tbsp of the paste into each liner
- Place into freezer for 5 minutes
- While the liners are in freezer melt the chocolate in a small glass bowl. (Does not have to be liquid- I usually micro 30 seconds, mix a bit and another 30 seconds until chocolate is melted/still a bit lumpy)
- Take tray of liners out from freezer- spoon a bit of chocolate into each tray, and freeze 3 minutes
- Remove from freezer and top with remaining peanut paste and place back into freezer for 10 minutes
- Keep these babies in the freezer because they melt quickly!