This salad is seriously BOMB! I adapted Gusto 101’s famous kale salad and decided to add a crunch using chickpea croutons. Hope you enjoy!
Why i love this salad:
Enjoy as a side, or top with some protein and enjoy as lunch!
- Kale → Has lots of Vitamin A which is important for healthy vision
- Olive Oil → Contains polyphenols that help balance of bacteria in our digestive tract
- Chickpeas → Full of protein and fiber that help you keep satiated!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 large bunch kale, chopped fine (I used black kale)
- ¼ dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ shredded fresh parmesan cheese (I sprinkle extra on top at the end!!)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, olive oil, garlic powder, tumeric & sea salt. Spread onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- As the chickpeas are roasting, mix together the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour dressing onto kale and massage into the kale using your hands.
- Top with roasted chickpeas!