I recently got to experience San Francisco for 24 hours and I LOVED every minute of it! Though it was a quick visit and short pit-stop, I knew I couldn’t let the opportunity to see the city pass me by, so made sure to made every second count. I was actually heading to Napa Valley for a work trip, and the moment I found out we were flying into SF I knew I wanted take advantage and spend a day in the city. Honestly, you guys really saved the day when it came to creating an itinerary; your recommendations were awesome! I got tons of messages on some of the best spots to hit up for workouts and healthy eats. Any while tried to include as many as I could into my short visit, there are still SO many sport I need to check out the next time I go back- and there WILL be a next time 🙂 I put together for you guys a list of the places I got to visit and experience, and also a list of places based on your recommendations that I can’t wait to try them next time. Hope you enjoy- and thank you, as always, for your input and recs!
P.S. the weather in SF is NUTS- one minute you’re shivering and the next your wiping away sweat- so make sure to pack layers if you decide visit!
- Foreign Cinema- this is trendy spot in the Mission where they fuse food and drinks with film and art- how cool is that? Bonus- they have a gorgeous outdoor patio.
- Jane on Fillmore- Best brunch ever! They say it best, “healthy eating means having a salad and a cookie- it’s all about balance.” Make sure to get there early because it gets packed! So worth it!
- Souvla- This place is best described as “fast-fine food”. It’s grab and go healthy Greek food, and it does not disappoint. Also a plus, they serve wine! I ordered the kale salad with lamb and it was incredible.
- Blue Barn- Pricey but delicious! This brunch uses seasonal produce and is inspired by sustainable and organic ideals. So its kinda right up my alley! The portions are massive, so it might be a good idea to share. I made my own salad and brought it along with me to go to eat in Golden Gate park with friends.
- Blue Bottle- Just consistently, delicious, pour-over coffee. Never fails to be the best pick-me-up and smoothest cup of of cuffee.
- Ritual- I went here and didn’t love it. I ordered a pour over coffee (TBH I forget my exact order) which I normally love, but it tasted bitter so I actually threw it out. So maybe don’t go here, or do go and let me know if your experience was better than mine!
- B.Patisserie- this is a famous bakery! I wasn’t hungry (which is not ideal when going to a bakery) so just grabbed a coffee before working out and I loved it!
- Core40 – Unfortunately I only had time to do 1 workout class on my 24 visit in SF; fortunately I chose wisely and this class was everything! It’s pilates on a mega-reformer and I felt awesome afterwards. Its essentially a lot like Lagree on a moving reformer machine.
Other spots I checked out:
- Dolores Park
- Golden Gate Park
- Pier 39
- Ferry Market Building
- The Mission
- Hayes Valley
Note: I avoided Union Square on purpose! I heard it’s kinda sketchy and very touristy.
Spots I plan to check out next time (based on your recs):
- Tartine Manufactory
- The Mill
- Liholiho Yacht Club (make a reservation asap)
- Project Juice
- Bi_rite creamery
- slanted door
- little gem
- El techo,
- Body Rok
- Lands End hike
- Baker beach
- The Pad Yoga
- MNT Studio
- Alcatraz- I am told you need get a ticket in advance and need about ½ day (I wish I had the time when I was there!)