half half asian beef bowls
Write a review
- 1 small package extra lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 tsp red chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp light tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- large handful of baby spinach (optional)
- 1 cup brown rice
- zucchini noodles
- fried egg, veggies, chili flakes!
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Zucchini Noodles- I like preparing the zucchini noodles when I am almost done cooking. I use a spiralizer to get a "zoodle" texture, and then lightly sautee them on a pan.
- In a wok or large pan, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil on medium heat. Add in the onion, garlic, and chili and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the lean ground beef into the frying pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, and 1/4 Add in baby spinach and let wilt.
- While the beef mixture is cooking, fry your eggs on medium heat. (I use avocado spray!)
- Place the rice/zucchini noodles in a bowl, spoon over the meat and top with a fried egg. Feel free to add in other cooked veggies (broccoli, red pepper!)
I Hart Nutrition https://ihartnutrition.com/