Write a review
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (you can use ground chicken or ground lean beef)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 can mixed beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (I like the one that is already seasoned!)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- salt + pepper
- toppings- whatever you like! shredded cheese, jalapeño peppers, chopped green onion
- Place oil in a large pot and place over medium, add in ground turkey and brown the meat for about 4 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Next add in the chopped onions and minced garlic, cook another 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, cover with lid and bring to a boil. Once boiled reduce heat to simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. The longer it cooks the tastier it becomes! Cook anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours.
- Top with your favourite toppings!!
I Hart Nutrition https://ihartnutrition.com/