First off. You’re welcome. These muffins are to die for and are guilt free! ♡
Why i ♡ these:
These muffins are easy to make and involve little clean up as everything is made in 1 bowl! Every ingredient in these muffins are nutrient dense meaning you get health benefits while eating a delicious little treat. I made these muffins oil free to have a quick fuel option before a workout or to have following a meal! For a more balanced snack feel free to smear on some peanut butter or nut butter! These muffins are suitable for someone who is vegan, if you replace the egg with a chia/flax egg
Bananas → Full of potassium. Potassium is essential for nerve & muscle function (which is especially important for athletes).
Oats → Contains a special fiber referred to as “beta-glucan” that can help to reduce cholesterol.
Coconut Sugar → I like using coconut sugar because it is lower on the glycemic index compared to white sugar.
- 3 bananas
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin pure
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (may sub white/brown sugar or maple syrup)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup spelt flour (may sub white or whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Greese 2 mini muffin pans
- In a large bowl mash up bananas, and then add in pumpkin pure, egg, sugar and mix well
- Add in oats, spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir until well combined. Add in chocolate chips and mix!
- Distribute batter among muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes!
- Place muffins on a cooling rack for 10 minutes