Posted on April 8th, 2012
Whether it’s Passover or Easter, the holidays are a time where many of us over indulge. It’s easy to say that “this year will be different” but I am not sure how realistic that is. So don’t be hard on yourselves if you’ve “tasted” a few too many dishes in the past few days. Okay, let’s be real, don’t be hard on yourselves if you’ve gone to town on some of these dishes either. Don’t fear, you are not alone.
The warning bells should go off if:
1. You still feel bloated
2. You woke up with a stomach ache
3. You are in pain
4. You feel tired and gross
Here are some quick fixes to get back into shape:
1. Feeling Bloated? Have a cup of room temperature water with 1 or more tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
2. Aches & Pains? Grab your water with lemon and add 1 tablespoon of thinly sliced fresh ginger.
3. Feeling tired & gross? Get Physical! It’s Sunday, you don’t have work, and might I add it’s gorgeous outside. Get outside and go for a walk, jog, run, bike ride, etc for at least a half hour. Lying limp in your bed will only prolong your discomforted belly, trust me!
So, The Mid 2 Day Holiday Diet: (for the following 2 days adhere to the following)
1. Drink 5 cups+ of water. And no, other forms of liquid do not count. I’m talking PLAIN WATER!
2. Include 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in 2/5 daily cups of water.
3. Include a serving (1 cup) of something raw (fruits & vegetables) at every meal. (If you are going to have matzah pizza, make sure to have it with a salad or fruit).
4. 60 jumping jacks- This is a mere 60 seconds of physical exercise. You think I’m joking? Get up from your computer, and do this right now. (p.s. if you find yourself out of breath, do this for the rest of the week…)
Stay tuned for more holiday eating tips later this week!