This yummy slaw is a great side dish to have with fish or mexican tacos. It is super simple, easy, and is conveniently gluten free & dairy free! Allow the slaw to marinate in it’s vinaigrette for tastiest results!
I had this slaw with cod (grilled with salt, pepper, lemon juice & olive oil) & tzatziki on the side.
- 1/2 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- dash of salt & pepper
- Place all ingredients, (except cabbage & red pepper), into blender and blend until smooth.
- Place chopped cabbage and red pepper into a bowl and toss with dressing.
- Allow salad to sit for at least 30 minutes to allow flavours to combine.