You could be the next cold victim if any of the following apply to your lifestyle:
- Long hours of work
- Lack of sleep
- No time for the gym
- A sugar diet (well, white sugar)
- Poor eating habits
The problem with these lingering colds, is, THEY LINGER, and even though you may still function, you find yourself weak, tired, sneezing, coughing, and seriously annoyed.
Fear not, follow this ihart♡ protocol:
1. Echinacea– immune stimulant that protects your body from bacteria and viruses.
When to take: Take short term. Start using the moment you feel a tingle in your throat, feel your lymph nodes feeling a bit swollen, or when you are not getting enough sleep and feel stressed.
2. Vitamin D – Needed for normal nervous system function, healthy cells, bone health, immunity. Most Canadians have low levels of this sunshine vitamin.
When to take: Long term. Take this everyday- unless you are sitting naked in the sun for 15 minutes daily. (take 1000 IU)
3. Probiotics– Required to maintain and re-establish normal intestinal microflora (good bacteria) which leads to a strong immune system. (stress, pollution, white sugar, white flour, antibiotics all deplete the good bacteria)
When to take: Everyday. Especially after using antibiotics. ( I highly recommend the brand Genestra)
4. Sleep– Lack of sleep not only encourages colds & flues, but also contributes to an array of mental, emotional, and physical issues.
When to take: 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
5. Leafy Greens– Nutritional powerhouses that fuel the body with an array of vitamins (B’s, C, K, E), minerals (iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium) and fiber.
When to take: minimum of 1 serving daily (kale, collards, mustard greens, spinach)