Enjoy these frittatas while they are hot or store in fridge and enjoy as a snack or a salad topper.
GLUTEN FREE . HIGH IN PROTEIN.
Zucchini Mushroom Frittatas
Write a review
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried dill
- dash of salt & pepper
- park skim mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on top
- siracha hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a non-stick 12 muffin tin. Make sure to cover the bottom and sides with oil so that the mixture does not stick.
- On medium heat saute veggies in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese & milk. Whisk in rice flour, garlic powder, oregano, dill, salt & pepper. Add in sauted veggies, and mix.
- Fill each muffin with egg mixture 3/4 full and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top (optional). Bake for 20 mins and then broil until golden brown crust appears (optional).
- Remove from the oven and let cool (5-10 minutes).
- Using a rubber spatula, loosen the egg muffins from the muffin cups and slide onto a platter.
- Top with siracha!
I Hart Nutrition http://ihartnutrition.com/