If you’re into eating healthy, you probably think that eating chicken fingers is a thing of the past (especially since they’re coated with flour, white breadcrumbs, not to mention deep fried)..right? Wrong.
Chicken fingers are very still doable for us health nuts, so the next time you’re craving a good chicken finger, opt for these:
These chicken fingers require only 3 ingredients: chicken, honey mustard & pretzels
I chose to use Happy Herbert’s Kamut Pretzels as they are organic, low sodium, and void of refined ingredients. *Use Glutino gluten free pretzels for gluten free option
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp honey mustard (I use honey Dijon)
- 1 cup Kamut pretzels (any pretzels will do)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 ½ inched sized pieces. In a medium bowl place cut chicken and coat with honey mustard.
- Place pretzels in a food processor and pulse. (If you do not have a food processor, chop pretzels finely on cutting board or place pretzels in sealable plastic bag, seal, and finely crush through the bag with a heavy utensil.
- Coat chicken with pretzel mixture. Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Enjoy as an appetizer, salad topper, lunch or dinner!