why i ♡ blueberry spelt muffins:
- Dairy Free
- Spelt→ easy to digest & full of fiber!
- Blueberries→ Rich in antioxidants which help reduce cholesterol & triglycerides
- Coconut Oil → Contains lauric acid that helps kill bacteria, viruses & fungi
- Bananas→ contains the amino acid tryptophan needed to produce feel good hormones
- Raw Honey→ Relieves symptoms of nausia
Blueberry Spelt Muffins (Vegan)
Write a review
- 1.5 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (other oils will work)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ripe banana, puréed/mashed
- 2 tbsp almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1/2-1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a medium bowl. (except blueberries)
- Fold wet ingredients (except blueberries) into dry ingredients. Don’t overmix.
- Gently stir blueberries into the batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners. Bake for 20 minutes and until tops are golden brown.
- ** May substitute 2 eggs instead of mashed banana (non vegan)
I Hart Nutrition http://ihartnutrition.com/