It’s warm water with lemon! Drinking water is a no brainer. We know it’s good for us and blah blah blah. But is drinking warm water with lemon also a no brainer? It should be! And especially when you wake up in the morning. Get it? Got it? Good!
Picture your body as a car, it needs to be serviced and maintained for optimal function. After a long tiring day you go to bed to get some rest, but guess what, your body is working at full force. It uses this recovery time to filter blood, process unwanted toxins, and restore the body. This process dehydrates the body, so when you wake up the first thing you want to do is rehydrate your system. Drinking warm water with lemon hydrates the body, while aiding the liver in removing unwanted toxins.
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 slice of fresh lemon
- Wash lemon thoroughly & squeeze lemon juice into warm water. Add a slice of lemon.
- Tip- drink it with a straw so the acidic lemon juices do not damage the enamel on your teeth
- High in vitamin C- boosts immunity, fights colds
- High in potassium- stimulates brain function
- High in pectin- Pectin is a fiber that helps battle hunger cravings. The more lemon you include in your diet, the less “bad” food you will crave. a.k.a weight loss!
More reasons i ♡ hart warm water with lemon:
- Boosts your immune system
- Aids in digestion
- Prevents and soothes nausea
- Relieves heartburn
- Improves constipation
- Helps the liver flush out toxins
- Natural diuretic
- Clears skin
- Hydrates lymph system