What is a cleanse: A cleanse is any change in your diet that takes a load off of the digestive system and removes unwanted toxins from the body. Most cleanses consist of raw foods full of live enzymes. These enzymes promote digestion so that the digestive system does not need to do all of the work.
Juicing: Juicing is a major part of most cleanses. Juicing removes the fibre from fruits/veggies/herbs so the nutrients go directly into the blood stream.This means the digestive system does not have to break down anything and the nutrients can EASILY and QUICKLY get absorbed.
- Take a load off of the digestive system
- Weight loss
- Remove toxins from the body
- Increase vitamins and minerals in the body
- Reduce cravings
- Increase overall health & wellness
- Increase energy levels
- Improve digestion
- Reduce inflammation in the body
How to start:
- Start slow. Don’t rush into a cleanse.
- The week before: Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily and experiment eating at least 1 raw meal per day.
- Do at least 45 minutes of physical exercise 3/week
- You can do a cleanse from 3 days to 1 month in length- there are tons of options!
Tips and Ideas for a 1 week cleanse:
- Cut out white sugar & white flour…duh
- Cut out meat
- For breakfast, lunch, & dinner, eat only raw foods
- Replace breakfast, lunch or dinner with a juice (homemade, none of that store bought stuff)
- Suggested eating schedule: For breakfast have a juice, for lunch enjoy whatever you want, and for dinner have a salad (full of leafy greens and other goods)
- Add chlorophyll to every glass of water