Typically we crave what we cannot have, and during this week it’s bread, pasta, rice, etc! Because of these cravings, many of us end up going crazy for carbs: cakes, cookies, macaroons, kugels, potatoes, and excessive amounts of matzah!
This can easily be a week dedicated to health, not binging, so don’t let your matzah consumption get out of hand!
If you find yourself feeling malnourished or unsatisfied by the standard matzah pizza, try making this Passover pizza frittata!
This delicious meal has a wonderful balance of fat, protein, carbohydrates, and leafy greens! This recipe works well with any veggies, so have fun and experiment.
Eat on its own, or with ½ a matzah slice, or ½ a fruit!
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites (if you are fatphobic , use 3 egg whites)
- 1 tbsp milk or water
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp oil, or cooking spray
- ¼ cup tbsp of tomato sauce
- ¼ cup of shredded cheese
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped red pepper
- ¼ cup of chopped zucchini
- Handful of spinach or kale
- 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp avocado, diced
- In a small bowl beat eggs, liquid, salt & pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in oil/cooking spray for 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent
- Add in egg mixture until almost set, about 2 minutes
- Pour on tomato sauce and spread until even over the egg mixture (don’t worry if the egg still seems runny)
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top, and top with the remaining vegetables
- Add in crumbled goat cheese, and cover with lid for 4 minutes.